- This event has passed.
Agility & Sport Dog Massage Workshop
June 15, 2021 @ 9:30 am - 4:30 pm£110.00
**Sorry Now Full** Learn How to Massage Your Dog
Fully licensed by the Canine Massage Therapy Centre Angela Day from Born to Run is one of a handful of Instructors specialised in the delivery of these one-day massage workshops. These fun, interactive, and information-packed workshops are for you if you’ve always wanted to learn how to massage your own dog at home.
Working with your own dog for the day not only will you learn life-changing massage techniques and routines you will explore the wonderful anatomy beneath your dog’s skin.
You’ll learn the science behind how and why massage works in addition to the positive physiological and psychological effects it has on our dogs.
What You Will Learn
You will learn the science behind massage and its applications in sport and how pre and post-event massage helps to enhance and prolong your dogs sporting life and reduces the likelihood of injury.
Tutorial 1 – Canine Anatomy Fundamentals
Working with your own dog you’ll discover:-
- How to locate bony landmarks and why it’s critical before starting any massage routine
- How to locate your dog’s main muscle groups
- How to spot subtle signs of muscular injury in your dog before they become a performance issue.
Tutorial 2 – Applied Massage
- 9 massage techniques. I show you how to massage correctly and confidently by applying a specific number of techniques that work on different fibre directions and layers of muscle to improve their ability to lengthen and contract.
Tutorial 3 – The Pre & Post Event Massage Routine Practice
….PLUS an added bonus…
- Pre Event Massage. Learn how to apply a 5-10 minute full body pre-event massage to improve performance and reduce the risk of injury
- Post Event Massage (Cool Down). Learn how to apply a 5-10 minute full body post-event massage
- Maintain and Gain at Home:
- PLUS A BONUS – Learn how to mix up your massage techniques from earlier in the day with the bonus relaxation-inducing massage beneficial for both the body and the mind.