Beginners Canine Massage Workshop June
June 7 @ 9:30 am - 4:30 pm£150
Learn How to Massage Your Dog
Clinically proven to significantly reduce pain:
Fully licensed by the Canine Massage Therapy Centre Angela Day from Born to Run is one of a handful of Instructors in the UK specialised in the delivery of these one-day massage workshops. These fun, interactive, information-packed workshops are for you if you’ve always wanted to learn how to massage your dog safely at home.
Working with your own dog for the day not only will you learn life-changing massage techniques and routines you’ll explore the wonderful anatomy beneath your dog’s skin.
You’ll learn the science behind how and why clinical canine massage works in addition to the positive physiological and psychological effects it has on our dogs.
WHAT YOU WILL LEARN
Tutorial 1 – Canine Anatomy Fundamentals
Working with your own dog you’ll discover how to:-
- Locate bony landmarks and why it’s critical before starting any massage routine
- Find your dog’s main muscle groups
- Spot the subtle signs of muscular injury in your dog
Tutorial 2 – Swedish Massage For Dogs
- Learn a massive 9 techniques from the discipline of a Swedish massage.
- Learn & practice passive range of movement – safely and in alignment!
- As a matter of Best Practice, I ensure that each and every dog attending my workshop has full-body palpation. This is a muscular health check which may flag up areas of muscular issue and pain or joint concerns that may mean a certain type of technique or passive range of motion may not be suitable for them. This way we can ensure that each dog is given the appropriate massage techniques for that individual.
The muscular health check is offered to your dog as a free service and therefore does not incur any extra charge.
Tutorial 3 – Guided Routine and time for Self-guided practice.
I’ll be demonstrating, and then guiding you as you apply the knowledge from the day to give your dog a full body 40 Swedish massage routine!
There is also time allocated for self-guided practice. I’ll be on hand to answer any of your questions and to ensure you are comfortable, competent, and confident in your techniques and practice before you return home.
Born to Run Workshops are Suitable For:
- Dog lovers and those passionate about the health and longevity of their dogs
- Pet Dogs
- Dogs with Arthritis/Hip Dysplasia
- Active younger dogs
- Senior or aging dogs
- Dogs who are slowing down
- Agility or Sporting/Working Dogs
- Dogs who have stopped doing the things they once did e.g.: get on/off the sofa, in/out of the car
- Owners looking to help support their dog’s physiotherapy needs
- Owners who are looking to enable a better quality of life
- People interested in natural or complementary healthcare
- Professionals for Continuing Professional Development.
- This is a self-interest workshop only