- This event has passed.
**FULL** Sport Dog Massage Workshop April
April 6 @ 9:30 am - 4:30 pm£150
Learn How to Massage Your Dog
Fully licensed by the Canine Massage Therapy Centre Angela Day from Born to Run is one of a handful of Instructors in the UK specialised in the delivery of these one-day massage workshops. These fun, interactive, information-packed workshops are for you if you’ve always wanted to learn how to massage your dog safely at home.
Working with your own dog for the day not only will you learn life-changing massage techniques and routines you will explore the wonderful anatomy beneath your dog’s skin.
You Will Learn
The science behind massage and its applications in sport, and how pre and post-event massage helps to enhance and prolong your dogs sporting life and reduces the likelihood of injury.
Tutorial 1 – Canine Anatomy Fundamentals
Working with your own dog you’ll discover:-
- How to locate bony landmarks and why it’s critical before starting any massage routine
- How to locate your dog’s main muscle groups
- How to spot subtle signs of muscular injury in your dog before they become a performance issue.
Tutorial 2 – Applied Swedish Massage For Dogs
- 9 massage techniques. I show you how to massage correctly and confidently by applying a specific number of techniques that work on different fibre directions and layers of muscle to improve their ability to lengthen and contract.
Tutorial 3 – The Pre & Post Event Massage Routine Practice
….PLUS an added bonus…
- Pre Event Massage. Learn how to apply a 5-10 minute full body pre-event massage to improve performance and reduce the risk of injury
- Post Event Massage (Cool Down). Learn how to apply a 5-10 minute full body post-event massage
- Maintain and Gain Routine for Home:
- ADDED BONUS! – Learn how to mix up your massage techniques from earlier in the day with the bonus relaxation-inducing massage beneficial for both the body and the mind.
As a matter of Best Practice, I offer each and every dog attending my workshop a full-body palpation.
This is a muscular health check which may flag up areas of muscular issue and pain or joint concerns that may mean certain techniques may not be suitable for them.
This way I can ensure that each dog is given the appropriate massage techniques for that individual.
The muscular health check is offered to workshop attendees free of charge.
Born to Run Sport Workshops are Suitable For:
- Dogs who participate in any sport and for owners passionate about the health and longevity of their dogs
- Competing Dogs with Arthritis/HD
- Active younger dogs
- Senior or ageing dogs
- Dogs who appear to be slowing sooner
- Agility or Sporting/Working Dogs
- Dogs reluctant to work/compete
- Owners looking to help support their dog’s physiotherapy needs
- Owners who are looking to enable a better quality of life
- People interested in natural or complementary healthcare
- Professionals for Continuing Professional Development.
- NOTE: This is a self-interest workshop